Our tenth team member introduces herself
I am called Christinata Mesamoyo Komba working with children and Youth on street since 2001.I am working with Upendo Daima majoring on children and family counseling.
Being expert in counseling field I have attendend several courses for capacity building including:
- Normal Development of Children, Risks and Protective Factors for development of children and child maltreatment
- Counseling and psychosocial support for orphans and vulnerable children.
- Art therapy and Participatory Management of people
- Children and adolescents with behavioral and sexual issues
- Education on psychology and communication skills
- Street worker training experience of “take your shoes off”
Being working with vulnerable children especially street children I believe that change happens when people are given the guidance they need to draw on their own strengths and realize their potential to live fulfilling, happy lives. Therefore, when street children are provided with an environment of compassion and support it helps individuals and families to overcome obstacles and move ahead and prosper.
Christinata is continuously seeking to gain more skills and broadening education on counseling areas in order to learn new techniques on how to associate with vulnerable children as well as changing their behaviors.